Wednesday, April 16, 2014

He's got this

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."  Prov. 3:5-6

I lost my daddy 4 years ago today in a senseless tragedy.  It's something that I definitely can't "lean on my own understanding" and make sense of.

Last night, as I was straightening up before I went to bed, I came across a card that my dad had given me.  Inside was a priceless treasure... a handwritten note from my daddy to me.  I could hear his voice as I read the words, "Dear Denise, I'm so very proud of you."  My heart and mind went back in time as I read on, "God bless you for what you mean to me."

Again and again, God brings me back to His promises, and this one has always been prominent in my life. Unfortunately, I try to understand everything and make sense of things in my own mind.  But, God reminds me often (yet gently) that I don't need to understand everything, that I just need to acknowledge that 'He's got this' and let Him direct my steps.  Today, I will cling to His promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment