Tuesday, August 7, 2012

hidden blessings

I've come to realize that every corner of my life provides hidden blessings.  I commented a few months ago (about my life) that "the more things change, the more they keep on changing".  I said this kind of in jest, but mostly because every time I think I have things figured out, they change... and I'm talking big change.  I would like to think that I'm pretty flexible by nature, and I would definitely say that I tend to be more optimistic than not.  But, it seems like I encounter a lot of surprises, and at times I'm taken aback by these startling changes.  Sometimes I have to work hard to wrap my head around a new idea or circumstance.  This tends to be a bit challenging for me, and I can definitely detect the onset of growing pains.  But, even when I'm feeling apprehensive or resistant to something new or different, once I get over myself, I can usually settle down and resign myself to a level of faith that allows me to accept what appears to be my fate.  Even when things seem bleak, I can somehow find a ray of hope amid the impending doom.  (that might be an exaggeration.... or maybe it's not)   But, always, I find blessings hidden among the details of my life.  I'm so grateful that I am able to look back on the changes I've experienced and easily identify the blessings I've been given.  I feel so fortunate that this realization allows me to have hope for the future and recognize that every good thing comes from God.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment