Saturday, August 14, 2010

a good day

What a wonderful day to be a day girl! After 18 months, I graduated with a master's degree this afternoon. I have learned so much about myself.... such as, I'm not a 3%-er anymore! As my brother said, "It's a hell of an accomplishment considering the circumstances." As my sister said, "This is a new beginning." I like the sound of that.... let it begin!
I have so much love and appreciation for my greatest supporters. It's been a long, challenging road for me with many successes, as well as the devastation of losing my daddy during the last months of my graduate program. I know he was planning to be here with me... we had talked about it when I saw him just a few weeks earlier. Thinking of him today brought many tears to my eyes, but I know he would be so proud of me. That is one of the many reasons I'm proud to be a day girl.
What a wonderful, wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I finally found you and am now one of your ardent followers. Thank you for posting such meaningful experiences that we in your family can share and appreciate. You go Day girl!!!!! Happy 2011, a new beginning indeed.

    ReplyDelete